Imagine yourself preparing to take some print outs of your work, some application or report. You click on ‘Print’ after saving your work and receive a notification stating “Printer Offline”. You are now stuck with your work while you have to figure out a way to turn your printer online and get it running once again. Having your printer offline can mess up your work schedule, if you had something important to scan and print, or send as a hard copy for any important work of yours.
If you’ve recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 or 7, then encountering a printer offline Windows 10 isn’t something that’s new, and many face it from time to time. You just need to know how to deal with such an issue so that you lose as less time as possible and get back to doing anything important you were earlier engaged with. If you aren’t able to bring your printer online again, you can always count on a printer offline support team to get it fixed for you instead.
1-Printer Connectivity Status:
Your Lexmark Printer Offline could be a result of it having connectivity issues with your computer system. This could mean that the Printer is not actually connected to the system and in a sense, it actually is offline. As such, you must first ensure that your Printer is receiving power and restart it for any glitches. After that, ensure that your Printer is connected to the computer, properly, whether by a USB cable or through a wired/wireless network.
2-Check the Printer’s Pairing in Windows 10:
Often what can cause a problem when your computer says printer is offline, is that your printer might not be correctly paired or recognized in the system. For this, you can open up windows 10 settings, and navigate to devices and then to devices and printers. Here, if you have properly connected your printer to the system, you will see your Canon printer offline. Just right click on it and click ‘set as default printer’.
3- Other Methods of Repairing your Printer:
Apart from this, you can try restarting the print spooler service from windows 10 services which will refresh the system’s connectivity to it. You can also add the printer as a ‘second’ printer just to get it recognized and working. If all else fails, then your best bet when your computer says printer is offline, is to roll back the existing printer drivers from device manager. After this, you must reinstall the printer’s software and drivers from the provided CD or from the printer’s website.
There are five methods that you can try to change the status of your printer to online. These Printer offline windows 10 fixes can help you resolve the offline issue in the minimum time. You might not need to try all of them but work your way down until you get one solution that works for your printer.
Note: Before you start, ensure that your printer is in the proper working condition. Inquire about the hardware as well as software of your printer and ensure they are up to date. If the problem is with your printer, you need help from an expert technician to resolve the issue.
Your printer can go offline when it is unable to develop the connection with your computer. The communication between the printer and the computer takes place with the help of USB cable, wired network cable or through the wireless network connection. Therefore, if anything goes wrong with any of the connection, the chances of your printer going offline increases. So, you need to check your printer connection with your computer. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Restart your printer and wait until it gets fully ready.
2. Inquire about the printer connectivity.
3. If your printer uses the USB cable to develop a connection with the computer, ensure that the cable is connected properly. Make sure that the cable is connected to the working USB port of your computer.
4. In case your printer is connected through a wired network, make sure the cable is inserted well in the Ethernet port. Next, check and be certain that the printer port which is connected to the router is in the working condition. Then ensure that the network signal is indicated on your printer.
Note: If the connected wire is loose, broken or too old, you need to buy the new one and get it replaced. You never know this can be one of the reasons your printer goes offline more often.
5. If your printer is using a wireless network to develop a connection with your computer, check that the wireless icon is flashing on your printer. This indicates that your printer is successfully connected.
After this, check if your printer prints now. If the ‘printer offline windows 10’ error still persists try the following method.
The windows 10 printer offline error can also be caused by faulty printer drivers. Therefore, you need to install and update the correct printer drivers. To eradicate the printer offline windows 10 issue completely, make sure that the installed drivers work properly with your printers.
There are two ways to do this.
1. Manual driver update:
This is easy and you can manage to do it on your own. Update your printer driver simply by visiting the manufacturer’s website. Search for the latest and correct driver for your printer. Ensure to download and update only the driver that is compatible with your printer and the Windows 10 version.
2. Automatic driver update: This is quite challenging and requires an expert help to update your printer automatically. Although this process is quick, it requires you to have patience and computer skills to make it a successful attempt. There are software that automatically recognize your system and find the correct version for your printer. And, for this, you require help from a technical support team of the printer.
Often the auto-update driver by Windows 10 changes the printer settings without giving any notification to the users. And, this may lead to ‘printer status offline windows 10’ error. Therefore, you need to ensure that your printer status is free from errors. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Restart your printer.
2. Press the Windows logo and ‘I’ keys at the same time from your keyboard. Now, click on the option that says ‘Devices’.
3. Now, select the ‘Devices and Printers’ option from the dialog box that appears.
4. You can now see your printer listed with a green check-mark. Next, right-click on the printer icon and select the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
Note: If your printer appears to be in the grey color icon, right-click on it and select the ‘Set as Default Printer’ option.
5.Next, click on the ‘Printer’ option. In case you see ticks beside the options ‘Use Printer Offline’ and ‘Pause printing’, click on them and remove the ticks. And, you are done.
Check if your printer can now print. If the windows 10 printer offline error still continues to bother you, continue with the next method.
To your question, ‘
why is my printer offline windows 10’ the answer is to check the Printer Spooler service and ensure that you restart this option again. Your printer will not work properly if the Printer Spooler is inappropriately turned off. First, check if it is in the working condition. After this, you need to restart it. Follow the steps below:
1.Press the Windows logo and ‘R’ keys at the same time from the keyboard. In the search box that appears, type ‘service.msc’ and press Enter.
2.The window that appears is called Properties window. Now, press the ‘P’ key to locate the Printer Spooler fast from the list. Now, check whether or not the status is in the ‘Running’ mode.
3.In case you are unable to see the status, right-click on Printer Spooler and select the option that says ‘Start’.
4.You can also restart this service by right-clicking on the Printer Spooler and selecting the ‘Restart’ option.
5.After this close the Properties window and check the status of your printer. It should be online now and if not, proceed with the next method.
Note: Try this method only when the printer is connected via a network and not using the USB cable.
If the above Printer offline windows 10 fixes doesn’t work with your printer, you need to set the manual IP address on your printer. In addition, you also need to add a port on your computer and match it with already set IP address. You can easily find the IP address in the printer manual. In case you don’t have the manual try to search it on the manufacturer website. Moreover, you can also reach the technical support team if you are unable to get the accurate IP address for your printer.
Follow the below steps to add another printer and port in your computer.
1. Press the Windows and ‘I’ keys from your keyboard and select the ‘Devices’ option.
2. Now click on ‘Devices and Printers’ and right-click on the printer icon and select the ‘Printer properties’ option.
3. Click on the ‘Ports’ tab, select the option called ‘Add Port’, and click on ‘OK’.
4. Select ‘Standard TCP/IP Port’ and click on the option that says ‘New Port’ from the window that appears.
5. Now, click on the ‘Next’ option. Now, the dialog box that appears will ask for the printer IP address. Enter the IP address and click on next. And, you are done.
It is important to know that searching the IP address differs from one to another printer. For example, if you get ‘HP printer offline windows 10’ error and you try this method to resolve it, fetching the IP address will differ. In this case, calling on the technical support number for a quick assistance is quite helpful.
You can try the above-mentioned Printer offline windows 10 fixes to resolve the offline status of your printer. For more assistance regarding the windows 10 printer offline problems, reach the technical support number and get an immediate resolution. The technical support team will assist you with HP, Brother, and Epson printer offline windows 10 problems.
Daily many queries come up stating ‘printer is offline windows 10’. Often all or one of the above-mentioned methods work, it is always advisable to seek an expert help along with following the troubleshooting steps. Whether it is HP, Epson or Brother Printer offline windows 10 problem, the technical support team will help you resolve it in the minimum time.
This way, if your printer ever stops working due to it being offline or not responding to your windows system commands, then you can try solving it by trying all these methods. If you are unable to get your printer working after attempting these steps, you can always rely on a trusted printer offline support service to get it working again, for you.